Of course this game has wifi events too. Unlike previous games there are actually special events happening at certain times (changing the date will not work) These events are downloadable.
- Hunt for ghosts in a mansion, can you "catch them all?"
stopFind all 50 Ghost Pokémon in the mansion to complete the event.
- Get spooky festive clothing as a reward + a special Gourgeist with the move Celebrate holding a Rare Candy
- Ghost Type Pokémon have a greater chance of being Shiny with the "Festive Charm" which is only available through Mystery Gift and is removed from your Key Item slot when the event is over.
- Deliver presents to people around the Skaphos region
- Get festive clothing as a reward + a special Delibird with the move Celebrate holding a Castelia Cone.
- Ice Type Pokémon have a greater chance of being Shiny with the "Festive Charm" which is only available through Mystery Gift and is removed from your Key Item slot when the event is over.
- Diamond Dust appears in Asgarnia City
- Search around the region for eggs, many to find and will be indicated by a rainbow like sparkle. The PokePad will help you out.
- Get festive clothing as a reward + a special Bunnelby with the move Celebrate holding a Lucky Egg.
- The Festive Charm gives you increased experience this event.
- Build a beach party, that's pretty much it.
- Get festive clothing as a reward + a special Pikachu from the Alola Region with the moves Celebrate/Surf/Volt Tackle/Rest holding a Light Ball
- The Festive Charm gives you increased experience and higher chances to find Fire/Grass/Water Type Shiny Pokémon.
Pokémon Cup EventsEdit
This is basically like those Battle Spot tournaments where there are special rules and stuff. They are most likely going to be every 2 weeks or monthly.
There is a ladder that matches you with players of similar skill levels, at the end of the event the top 100 with the most "Trainer Trophies" will be shown.
Season 1: Skaphos ShowdownEdit
Only Pokémon caught in Skaphos can participate
Season 2: SynchronizationEdit
You must use a Pokémon that can Mega Evolve and have a Z-crystal on one of your Pokémon.
Season 3: Little Cup LeagueEdit
Little Cup tournament.
Season 4: Inverse Chaos!Edit
The battle has gone a bit different, now the tournament uses the rules of an Inverse Battle!
Season 5: Spooky CupEdit
Only "scary" Pokémon are allowed to battle.
Season 6: Christmas Clash!Edit
Only festive like Pokémon are allowed to battle.
Season 7: Internationals ChallengeEdit
VGC like tournament
Season 8: Battle of the LegendsEdit
A tournament only using legendary Pokémon
Season 9: RandomizedEdit
A tournament where you use rental Pokémon
Season 10: Choose It or Lose ItEdit
A tournament where you use rental Pokémon again, HOWEVER... you have to choose one of two rental Pokémon three times, the one you didn't choose goes to your opponent! The remaining three on your team are randomized.